Saturday, April 28, 2012

Interview: awittyname



Interview: awittyname
(a.k.a. Whit Whitehead on Second Life)
4/28/12

http://awittyname.deviantart.com/

Monyca Medusa Meiyers: What got you into art?

Whit: Wow, a tough one right off the bat.

I've been drawing my whole life (though not well for most of it), so it's hard to really pin point exactly what got me into it.  I was a really big fan of Saturday morning cartoons when I was little, and I'm pretty sure that probably was what originally got me started.

M: What's your favorite subject to draw?

W: Could you clarify "subject"?

M: Hmmmm, what kind of pics would you say you enjoy drawing the most?

W: I can't really pin that down.  What makes a picture to me is the idea behind it.  The richer the back story, the more I'm inclined to like it.

M: I like that answer.
What's your favorite medium to work in?

W: At one time, it was a mixture of colored pencils, ink pens, and then some digital coloring on the computer.  I've gone from that, to being completely digital when I purchased a Cintiq, which has saved me a lot in sketchbooks and paper, as well no longer having to screw around with scan times and the such. Love me some digital.

M: Is there any artists yu would say influenced your style or that you admire?

W: Ben Caldwell (http://daredetectives.com/ ).  The guys "ACTION! Cartooning" book is one of the first books I go to.

M: When it comes to the less then "traditional" ahem, I.E. kinky work, what kinda things do you like to work on?

W: This sort of goes along with the "favorite subject" question.  The more story there is, the more I like to work on it.  I've also picked up many, many kinks over the years, so I have a really hard time not working a couple of them into a single picture, or sequence.

M: If you had to pick a favorite kink, as a personal like, what would you say it is?

W: As much as the Body Expansions (BE, BI, etc.) were my first loves, Mind control has definitely become a dark horse that seems to show up in almost all my personal work.

M: Is there any erotic artists you enjoy a lot?

W: Sebastian Rubbermage will always be a favorite.  T-Link of lakehylia is also another favorite, as well as a good friend.

M: Well I want to thank you for your time and as one of my favorite artists I know personally I want to tell you to keep up the good work.

W: Thank you, and no problem.

Whit did this drawing as a favor in 2/7/08, and to this day is still one of my favorite renderings of me.
Mony


No comments:

Post a Comment